Heritage Care doesn’t stop when the funeral or cremation services are complete. From our own experience with loss, we know that help with the grieving process, especially at the beginning of your journey, is extremely important. Listed below are many resources to support those who have lost a loved one.
Understanding Grief –
- Click here to read Understanding Grief – Some helpful things to consider.
Grief Support Groups –
- Griefshare – a 13-week grief recovery support group.
- Bereaved Parents of the USA , offers many resources for families who have lost a child. Contact us for information about the Sacramento-South Placer County Chapter.
- Friends for Survival , can provide help for those who have lost a loved one to suicide. Groups meet monthly in Roseville, Sacramento and Lake of the Pines.
Grief Counselors –
- Life Source, Inc. Counseling Services , located in Roseville, 916-784-0110.
Helpful Websites –
- At Legacy Connect , you will find excellent articles written by experts on grief located on the “Learn” page will provide information that will help you as you make your way on your journey of grief. You may also want to join in the discussions on the “Share” page. New articles are added weekly.
- Umbrella Ministries , offering comfort, hope and encouragement to mothers who have suffered the loss of a child.
- Memorial Music Library , can provide comforting music for those who are grieving. Choose just the right song to celebrate the life of your loved one.
- Ever Ashley Music – After Alan Pedersen’s 18 year old daughter, Ashley, died in 2001, he found comfort in writing music in her honor. Alan’s music is available on CD through his website.
- The Grief Store – Offering memorial and grief related items.
Heritage Oaks Memorial Garden –
Outside the window of the Heritage Oaks Memorial Chapel is a beautiful memorial garden which is adorned with a beautiful fountain and many trees and plants. Memorial bricks with names of children who left too soon surround the fountain providing families with an opportunity to keep the memory of their child alive. Please contact us for more information or to order.
Call 916-791-CARE (2273) or 800-316-1987 or email,
Call, or visit, Heritage Oaks Memorial Chapel, a veteran, family-owned and operated, full service funeral home & beautiful chapel serving the areas of Rocklin, Roseville, Citrus Heights, Antelope, Fair Oaks, Carmichael, Folsom, Sacramento, Elk Grove, West Sacramento, Davis, Granite Bay, Loomis, Auburn, and Lincoln.