At Heritage Oaks Memorial Chapel, we care about your needs, and also in becoming your “greatest resource.”
Caring for your loved one -
1. Bring your loved one into our care.
2. Contact the doctor to provide information for the death certificate.
3. Coordinate with the County Coroner when necessary.
4. Notify the Social Security Administration of the death.
5. File the death certificate and disposition permit with the State of California.
6. Order certified copies of the death certificate.
7. Provide you with a list of cemeteries in Placer and Sacramento Counties.
8. Accompany you to the cemetery of your choice for selection of the grave site or crypt, at your request.
9. Assist you with the selection of a casket or urn.
Our Special Services for U.S. Veterans -
1. Provide a list of resources available to veterans.
2. Coordinate with the military funeral Honor Guard for the rendering of honors, if desired.
3. Assist with making arrangements for a United States flag to be presented in their honor.
4. Assist with arrangements for burial in one of the national cemeteries available to veterans.
5. Send a certified copy of the death certificate to the regional VA office at no expense to assist in the filing for benefits.
6. Assist with ordering a military grave marker.
Graveside Service Arrangements -
1. When your choice involves burial or entombment, we will coordinate with the cemetery for the opening of the grave.
2. Arrange for seating at the service.
3. Arrange for a tent to be set up at the cemetery when requested.
4. Arrange for flowers to be transported to the cemetery.
1. Arrange for a viewing of your loved one according to your wishes.
2. Arrange for the memorial tribute to be played during the viewing.
3. Coordinate the display of photographs or memorabilia during the viewing if desired.
Memorial Service Arrangements -
1. Work with you to plan a tribute service for your loved one.
2. Coordinate with the clergy of your choice.
3. Provide you with a list of alternative locations for the memorial service and reception if you do not wish to use our Chapel.
4. If you would like the memorial service to be held at a location other than our Chapel, we will coordinate with them to make arrangements.
5. Arrange for limousine service when requested.
6. Coordinate with the florist for delivery of flowers ordered.
7. Arrange for music to be played during the service.
8. Coordinate with musicians who will participate in the service.
9. Prepare a basic tribute video to be played at the service.
10. If you would prefer a longer tribute with video footage, we will arrange to have one prepared for you at your request.
11. Prepare memorial folders.
12. Assist with arranging the displays for the memorial service.
13. Arrange for catering at our location if you would like to hold the reception at our facility.
14. Arrange for an interpreter for the hearing impaired at your request.
15. Arrange for a motorcycle escort for the funeral procession at your request.
16. Provide a list of local hotels who offer a discount to your out‐of‐town guest.
17. Arrange for child care during services at your request.
18. Assist with submitting the obituary to the newspapers of your choice.
Anniversary Memorial Services -
Many families find that they want to further honor the memory of their loved one through an anniversary celebration of life. We will provide many of the same funeral home services, on an ala carte basis, as we provide to families at the time of death of their loved one.
After Care -
1. Provide a session of grief counseling.
2. Provide a checklist of things to do in closing out the estate.
3. If your loved one was a child, place a memorial brick in their honor in our memorial garden which is located just outside our Chapel.
4. If we provided funeral home services for your loved one who died in the line of duty with the US Military or local Police or Fire Department, a plaque will be placed in their honor on our memorial wall located near our entry.
5. If you have lost a child and we were not privileged to provide funeral home services to your family, a memorial brick in their honor may be ordered and placed in our memorial garden; additional memorial bricks may be ordered for your own personal use.